Saying Goodbye to Journalism Class

Mason Varney, Reporter

This class has honestly been a blast. I’ve met some cool people, and talked to people I would’ve never spoken to outside of this class. I got ten times closer with an old friend, and I also got the chance to take my anger out in some articles. When I decided to take this class I had zero interest in it. I came to Ms. Terry and asked if I could take the class because I was out of classes to take. She thankfully allowed me to join the team.  So after a stressful session with the counselors, I was officially in journalism. The first day was a little awkward and no one talked. I sat in the back of the class and everyone was spread out across the room. I honestly dreaded going to that class for the first couple of times. No one talked and it was boring. I also didn’t enjoy writing so much. Throughout the year we all sat closer together and made our own permanent seats. I learned to love writing and I also learned to love that class. We began to have a little fun as well. We got to know each other and we even had daily rant sessions about our relationships. I also tried to learn Tiktoks during that class. Let’s just say I’m not good at dancing and everyone got a good laugh out of it. I’m pretty sure I’ve gained at least two pounds from how much she’s fed us. Ms. Terry keeps an entire cabinet filled with food for her aids and journalism staff. She makes sure her journalism kids don’t go hungry. I think I’ve gotten into the habit of eating at the same time everyday. Last Monday we had a Christmas party. We all played Secret Santa like two weeks before the party. Everyone brought gifts for their person, and we sat and ate food. It’s so hard to shop for a girl by the way. I’m pretty sure I went to every store in that mall before I bought the gift. The funny part about the party is that the restaurant forgot like eight of our hash browns. I am actually really happy that this class turned out the way it did. I never expected to make friends or make as many memories as I have. I think my favorite part was definitely receiving socks from Ms. Terry. This class has showed me that everyone has their own opinion. Terry and I argued a few times over Trump. She’s a very opinionated person, but she’s honestly one of my favorite teachers. I’ve had a great time, and I’m a little sad that I won’t be returning back next semester. I’ll miss seeing everyone everyday. I’ll also miss our daily talks and eating so much. I’ve had a blast and I don’t regret taking that class at all. It’s been a great semester. So this is the end of my sappy little journal, but I’ve gotta say a big thank you to Ms. Terry. You’ve made journalism one of my favorite classes! Keep being cool, Terry.