Sophomore Patriot of the Month: Nikki Jarrell

Alyssa Austin, Reporter

Nikki Jarrel is Independence high school’s sophomore Patriot of the Month. She is a hard working student who takes pride in everything she does, including her school career. Her favorite things about Independence High are the teachers and students. She has made many friends here and enjoys learning from the teachers. She believes she was chosen as Patriot of the Month because she is always trying to put a smile on people’s faces and make them laugh, she also tries very hard in all her classes. Nikki’s favorite class is her US history honors class with Mr. Moore. One of her favorite hobbies is playing corn hole with family, especially her little brothers. She also participates in some clubs such as, HSTA and BETA club. Volleyball is a passion for her and she plays for Independence High. “The secret to joy is to keep seeking God where we doubt he is,” is her favorite quote. In her spare time she loves spending time with her family and hanging out with her friends. A fun fact about Nikki is that she loves the beach, dogs, and kayaking. Her future plans are to graduate high school and go onto college. She wants to go to Bluefield State College for their Radio technology program and then continue her education to be an NMT online. After college she hopes to become a nuclear medicine technologist. She considers herself a very active member of her church, and she enjoys going and helping in anyway. Nikki is a very responsible and reliable person, a perfect fit for our sophomore of the month!