Best Way To Prepare for College

Best Way To Prepare for College

Josh Green, Reporter

This year has been very hard. I never thought looking for a college could bring me to almost insanity. I will try to make this process a little easier for people’s future search. The first thing you should do is fill out your FAFSA and get your high school transcripts. The second thing is to find what base needs and degree you want from a college and talk to admission counselors from colleges to find out what they are about. The third thing is to look for a college that has good finacial aid and easy to live near or on campus. The fourth thing you should do is apply to as many schools as possible so you have more than one possibility, just in case a college backfires. After you apply, you should go to the colleges’ open houses or lectures so you can get a better grasp of campus life and what the college life will be. Once you get accepted and are satified with your choice, make sure to stay in good contact with the school and check your mail for important messages. If you are ever having any troubles with your college hunt, do not be afraid to talk to a teacher, counselor, or college representative. Many people love to see bright students go onto have a good career and will do anything to help you out in your search. One of the best things colleges look for is SAT and ACT scores, this could help you get into more prestigious colleges and ultimately get a better education. The military also often helps with college and may be something to look into to help with finacial issues. College is not for everybody and you should never feel forced to join a school. The most important to to remember is to not give up and everything will end up all right in the end if you try hard enough.