The Corona Effects Schools

The Corona Effects Schools

Alyssa Austin, Reporter

Recently the Corona virus has taken a toll of hysteria on the US population. As the virus grows and spreads, more people become frightened. The school board is now canceling planned field trips due to the threat of the Corona. Many students are upset about this, but teachers and the board are just taking as many precautions as possible. Some schools are even preparing packets and looking into online courses as a precaution to if the Corona comes to us. WVU has now extended their spring break an extra week and will resume with all classes being turned into online classes after the two week period. This if because many students are traveling home to different countries and states for their spring break. The Raleigh County Board of Education released a statement saying if a student or employee is diagnosed with the Corona they must stay home for the recommended 14 day period that they are considered to be contagious. Their doctor must contact the Raleigh County Heath Department of the positive diagnosis. Not only are schools preparing, but also people at home. Places such as Sams, Walmart, and more are selling out of toilet paper, bottled water, canned foods, and more. People are stocking up as preparation for the Corona. The heath department released suggestions on how to stay healthy, clean, and “Corona” free. People are in mass hysteria, don’t panic and stay safe!